Thứ Bảy, 4 tháng 6, 2011

Hanoi 102

I would like to give you another update on how my trip to Hanoi is treating me and what I have been doing.

So last week I wrote my blog on Friday night so before I could tell you how my weekend went. Sam a volunteer from the UK and Phillip a volunteer from Germany let me tag along to a music festival with them. I had an awesome time and got to know Sam and Phillip. It started at around 1 in the afternoon and went to about midnight and if we weren't dancing we were walking around. The event was held at the American Club. It was a nice gated community with perfect grass right in the middle of the city, it looked like a festival from back home with the three main sponsors being Coors, Jim Beam, and Corona. After a long day of dancing and talking I called it a night and came home. Relaxed all Sunday for it was going to be a big week at work.
At work, they have been working me hard and have a bunch of stuff for me to do. As of right now before I start reviewing applications for groups that want funding for their social entrepreneurship (If you don't know what it is, Unreasonable People, is a great book and would give you and overview about what its all about). I have been editing articles on their website and reading books for them and giving them a short review. During lunch I practice my Vietnamese and they asked me to teach them some American slang, it's quite fun! On Wednesday we had a launching event for our 2011 social entrepreneur program. It seemed that everything went as planned. It was great talking to people about their ideas, you could really see the passion in their eyes as they talked about the details of what they felt needed more attention, It was great. This week was long and the weekend was much needed.

this week maybe 8 or so new people moved into the house and it is packed. 1 of those 8 people is a guy and he is way cool. His name is Eddie from Ireland and me and him hit it off right away. The first night I took him out to play some pool and I got to know him a little bit. It's wild how you could meet someone from the other side of the world and have so much in common. Last night a big group of us went to a all you could eat ice cream bar and stuffed our faces. Eddie and I stayed downtown and I showed him what Hanoi has to offer. We had a great time and talked with some locals. Tonight I'm going to try and catch the USA Spain game down at a cafe. 2:30 kick-off so it might be interesting what else I might see going on.  

Till next time
Spencer

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét